100 years ago this week comes this report from the Lang Lang Guardian of September 8, 1915 about Dalmore ratepayers prepared to pay extra to get their roads fixed. Apparently Dalmore was a 'quagmire covered with scrub' The roads were partly bad as a great many tons of potatoes were being sent to the Dalmore Station. Dalmore Station had opened on October 1, 1888, it was originally called Peer’s Lane, then Koo-Wee-Rup West, then Dalmore.
The School at 'the end of Ballarto Road' was the Cardinia State School, No. 3689, which had opened on November 3, 1911. The Church they are referring to is the Cardinia Presbyterian Church which was completed in October 1915.
Lang Lang Guardian September 8, 1915.