Thursday, July 13, 2017

Koo Wee Rup Potato Festival 1987

Here are some photos from the Koo Wee Rup Swamp Historical Society collection of the 1987 Koo Wee Rup Potato Festival. I have written a history of the Potato Festival, which operated from 1973 - 2000, here.



 









 A professional photo, probably the Cranbourne Sun photographer. 1987 Koo Wee Rup Potato Festival - Annette Turner, Fassifern Festival Queen, 1987 Queen - Lynette Schroeder and 1986 Queen Michelle Hansen.


An engaging, but slightly out of focus photo of the Festival Princesses.


1987 Koo Wee Rup Potato Festival - Bag picking champions with A.P.D Sponsor, David Roberts. The winner is listed as Neville Marson, anyone know who the others are? They are with Queen, Lynette Schroeder and Fassifern Queen - Annette Turner

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am the Fassifern Queen, I won our Festval here in Kalbar Qld and my Mother and I were guests at the Festival, I have a lot of photos of 1987 visit, I am Annette Turner the one in the pink dress

    ReplyDelete